We are always looking for new talent! If you like the idea of working for us, then send us your CV today!
Junior Graphic DesignerDate Added: 15/03/2019 Closing Date: 03/04/2019
Permanent, full time, competitive salary.
- Assisting with production of branded, design-led materials for one of our major clients
- Participating in various design projects from concept to completion
- Producing concepts and engaging design solutions
- Listening to feedback to hone skills and improve design
We are looking for a Junior Designer to create engaging designs according to requirements. You will work under the supervision of a Senior Designer to produce high-quality work. In this role, you should be highly creative and have a sharp eye for detail. If you’re passionate about design and brand management, we’d like to meet you.
- Understand project requirements and concepts
- Produce final design solutions (like leaflets, banners, adverts) on brand
- Collaborate with team members to launch projects
- Use feedback from other designers to improve
- Experience with design software (e.g. InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Understanding of visual elements (layout, type and fonts)
- Ability to adhere to and protect a brand
- Teamwork skills
- A keen eye for detail
- Time management and multitasking abilities
- Creativity skills and problem-solving aptitude
- A qualification in Design or a related field
If you are interested in joining our highly creative design team then please send a CV, covering letter and examples of your work to Mike Wilson email@example.com
Account ManagerDate Added: 18/02/2019 Closing Date: 31/03/2019
Responsible to: Client Services Account Director
Responsible for: No direct responsibility for staff but can lead ad hoc groups/teams on a project basis
To provide high quality, professional, responsive support to our customers, principally in account management and development.
Serve as main point of contact for client account management matters to ensure that work is delivered to the agreed schedule, price and to the client’s satisfaction.
Complete ownership and accountability for named key accounts, with focus on increasing spend in line with business plans
To provide technical support/advice to customers and assist in the understanding of print manufacturing processes.
To use the MIS (Primo) accurately, maintaining all records in an up to-date and proper manner in accordance with the procedures set out in the Activ ISO.
Management and preparation of job instructions for printing, ensuring attention to detail and communication with production departments.
Understanding of Pollards online solutions and their application.
Monitor and tightly control customer’s stock where applicable.
Produce management information reports when requested.
Conduct and lead operational and account reviews and/or contract re-tender projects (in conjunction with Director).
The candidate must possess the following:
Commercial print experience using recognised MIS platforms such as Tharsterns Primo.
Account Management and/or Customer service experience.
Excellent interpersonal skills to develop strong relationships with customers, colleagues and other stakeholders.
Ability to perform well under pressure and manage multiple priorities.
Must be capable of managing workload to tight deadlines.
A flexible, proactive approach with a good problem solving mindset.
Experience in procurement and supply management is desirable.
Experience of customer facing sales activities would also be an advantage.
A genuine desire to go the extra mile in pursuit of customer service excellence.
Apply by: Sending CV to John Kerr via letter or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Sunday March 31st 2019
Lithographic Printer William Pollard and Co. Ltd.Date Added: 19/03/2019 Closing Date: 22/03/2019
We are seeking an experienced, quality-conscious and efficient Lithographic Printer, with a proven track record of ensuring the smooth functioning and continuous processing of lithographic sheet-fed print activities.
The successful candidate must be able to follow standard operating procedures, work in a methodical and tidy manner, be a team player and possess a good working knowledge of the specified operations.
- Fully trained and experienced on Heidelberg XL75 printing press with InPress Control; and with demonstrable knowledge in how to maximise its efficiency.
- Experience of Heidelberg SM52 and GTO presses could be an advantage, however, training will be given to an outstanding XL75-qualified candidate.
- Fully trained and experienced with both CMYK Process and PMS colour control systems.
- Ability to follow processes and procedure accurately.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Meeting tight deadlines.
- To undertake lithographic printing on any of the Company’s lithographic printing presses, and to undertake other peripheral print-based duties as directed, which from time to time may or may not be in keeping with the responsibilities of this post.
- To produce printed work on any of the Company’s lithographic presses to the standards and performance determined and set by; production schedules, Activ, and good practice, and as directed by managers or their nominated deputies to fulfil customers’ demands, or the expectations and ambitions of the business. Activ is the Company’s Quality & Environmental Management System.
- To work in a manner that is both safe and conforms with any appropriate, working or Health & Safety arrangements, making full use of all PPE as issued and available.
- To undertake any print/finishing or support activities that are in-keeping with the nature and responsibilities of the post and which may be required from time to time.
- To comply with any management instructions regarding the security and integrity of the Company’s works and property and those of its clients.
- To maintain confidentiality – as set out in the terms and conditions of employment – in respect of the Company and its clients and any related third party information.
- To maintain equipment in excellent, clean and working condition – as adjudged by the Production Manager – in particular following all pre-determined and management directives about maintenance, reporting any faults and malfunctions. This includes good housekeeping around the work area and the overall removal and control of waste material, paper dust and residue, ink, set off spray, chemical spillage etc.
- To accurately maintain any records appropriate to the requirements of the job and as dictated by management. This particularly includes file and version conventions set by the Company.
- To work variable shifts as dictated by the needs of the service which from time to time will include additional hours to cover staff absences or work pressures.
Physical requirements of the post-holder:
The issues set out below are wholly intrinsic and conditional to the job.
- To instruct, monitor and champion trainees, or re-deployed staff as directed, and to participate in demonstrating or explaining to customers and or visitors the techniques involved in lithographic printing. This requires good, conventional listening and speaking skills.
- It is a requirement of the job that the post-holder can, unaided, lift weights generally not exceeding 15kgs, use stairs and steps, manual handling equipment, and work for long periods without sitting down. Critically he or she must have the agility and mobility to carry out the unavoidable operational duties around both our B2 & B3 lithographic presses. Examples of, but not a definitive list are; working between and on the presses tower units – which are at height, under and around both feeder and delivery, footboards and in peripheral functions cabinets.
- The post-holder must have the strength and dexterity required to handle paper that will be used in printing at B2 size. A simple rule of thumb will be as a minimum; to unwrap, fan apart and properly insert into the XL feeder a 500 sheets pack of SRA2/B2 80gsm as a single load, ie not breaking down the pack into smaller quantities.
- Logically, it is an absolutely fundamental requirement of the job that the post-holder has excellent colour vision. If doubts arise as to the quality of the post-holders colour vision, or indeed vision as a whole, the Company will fund an Ishihara test or similar, a test failure could result in the post holder being dismissed.
- A good team player.
- Have a meticulous and efficient work ethic.
- Attention to detail.
- Willingness to work overtime at short notice; and at weekends with notice.
Key competencies and skills
Excellent colour vision.
Good numeracy and literacy skills.
Hours: 37.5 double-day shift Monday-Friday; plus contracted weekend overtime rota.
Salary: Details upon application.
Location: Exeter, Devon.
How to apply:
You can apply for this job by sending a written application with curriculum vitae to John Drew at:
William Pollard & Co. Ltd.
Or via e-mail to email@example.com
Sales ExecutivesDate Added: 23/11/2018
Recent investments in the latest printing and finishing equipment has doubled our production capacity. To ensure we maximise our return on investment we are looking for highly motivated experienced Sales Professionals to join our team.
A proven track record of selling B2 and B3 sheet fed litho and digital is essential along with the ability to sell our online solutions to clients.
The ability to transition your existing clients will be key and so this opportunity may also be of interest to Print Management Companies who are looking to widen the solutions that can be offered to their clients.
In return we offer a good basic salary, uncapped commission, quarterly bonuses, company car, pension, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
If you are interested in joining this progressive company please send your CV to our Managing Director, Dave Mace (firstname.lastname@example.org)