We are always looking for new talent! If you like the idea of working for us, then send us your CV today!
Graphic DesignerDate Added: 23/11/2018
Responsible to: Studio Development Manager
Responsible for: Managing design workloads, an articulate communicator to work efficiently to deadlines. Be Proactive and forward-thinking for internal and external design work.
Salary: Subject to experience
Main Purpose of Job
To work on a wide range of print and digital design projects for Pollards and our Customers.
To provide excellent creative design, to all areas of business for production, speculative and internal marketing.
Creativity, enthusiasm and willingness to take on projects and deliver to the highest level and standard is key for these positions
Main duties & responsibilities of the post
- To take briefs from clients and use creative skills to produce design concepts that meets the client’s requirement. Present creative multiple concepts to clients to gain approval and secure work
- Evaluate time required to produce artwork to meet creative briefs.
- Prioritising incoming work flows to tight deadlines, following brand guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with clients and internal Clients Services teams throughout the design process.
- Strong time management and communication skills including accurately maintaining any records appropriate to the requirements of the job and as dictated by management. This particularly includes time recording and file/version conventions.
- Design high quality artwork ensuring it is print ready for the job description (wiro-bound, cutter guides, finishes, etc)
- Play an active role in helping the creative team generate fresh ideas and develop into new areas in an ever-changing market.
- Support pitches to new and existing clients
- Work to tight deadlines to produce creative designs or update existing artwork, while working to strict corporate guidelines.
Desired Professional experience & Skills
A track record of achieving challenging targets.
Proactive, reliable, forward-thinking and passionate about design
An excellent understanding of print production processes for reprographics, lithographic and digital print. An understanding of digital design and demonstrate a keenness and willingness to develop their skills in order to support our online and e-commerce initiatives.
Ability and confidence to pitch studio services and ideas to customers at various levels and develop long term relationships.
A keen eye for detail with the ability to work to tight deadlines to produce artwork which adheres to customers strict corporate brand guidelines.
Excellent organisational and time management skills with an ability to manage multiple projects, priorities and deadlines simultaneously
A team player with excellent communication skills over all areas –emails, telephone and face-to-face.
Key skills/knowledge required/desired:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Communication, Marketing or related discipline
- Fully competent and trained in using Adobe Creative Suite CS6: InDesign, Photoshop,
Illustrator, along with basic Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proven graphic design experience working in professional commercial design or marketing or creative agency would be an advantage
- Ability to interact well, communicate and present ideas to colleagues and clients
- Designing e.g. Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro
If you are interested in joining this progressive company please send your CV to our Managing Director via e-mail to email@example.com
Multi-skilled Bench Finisher (full or part-time)Closing Date: 14/12/2018
Due to an expansion in our production sector we are seeking a multi-skilled, hardworking and efficient hand finishing operator(s), with a proven track record of ensuring the smooth functioning and continuous processing of all bench finishing activities.
The successful candidate must be able to follow standard operating procedures, work in a methodical and tidy manner, be a team player and possess a good working knowledge of the specified operations.
We will consider applications from full or part-time candidates. Job sharing, flexible hours and bespoke shift options would be considered, within our existing 24-hour finishing operation.
- Experienced and dexterous bench work finisher (hand speed and skills, with good eye-hand coordination and capability to cope with often repetitive duties).
- Quality-conscious, accurate and efficient with common hand-produced products and activities, including: corporate presentation folders, greeting cards, collating, inserting, enclosing, labelling, general packing, etc.
- Ability to understand and follow written procedures and verbal instructions.
- Meet tight deadlines.
- The ability to bend, lift and carry packages or objects up to 10kg.
Experience of the following additional operations might be an advantage, however, training will be provided to a suitable candidate and provide opportunities for personal development:
- Shrink wrapping.
- Wire-O binding.
- Hand stitching.
- Undertake the instructions from the works orders.
- Maintain quality within the set standards of our Quality Management System.
- Work within the team to continually improve efficiency on all projects.
- Work within the team to meet tight deadlines and achieve daily targets.
- A good team player.
- Have a meticulous and efficient work ethic.
- Willingness to occasionally work overtime at short notice; and at weekends with notice.
- Willingness to train on equipment and new processes to support our growth plans.
- Willingness to work in other areas of the business.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
Hours: 37.5 day shift (full time); or part-time options (by mutual agreement).
Salary: Details upon application.
Location: Exeter, Devon.
How to apply
You can apply for this job by sending a written application with curriculum vitae to John Drew at:
William Pollard & Company Limited
Or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 14th December 2018.
Sales ExecutivesDate Added: 23/11/2018
Recent investments in the latest printing and finishing equipment has doubled our production capacity. To ensure we maximise our return on investment we are looking for highly motivated experienced Sales Professionals to join our team.
A proven track record of selling B2 and B3 sheet fed litho and digital is essential along with the ability to sell our online solutions to clients.
The ability to transition your existing clients will be key and so this opportunity may also be of interest to Print Management Companies who are looking to widen the solutions that can be offered to their clients.
In return we offer a good basic salary, uncapped commission, quarterly bonuses, company car, pension, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
If you are interested in joining this progressive company please send your CV to our Managing Director, Dave Mace (email@example.com)