We are always looking for new talent! If you like the idea of working for us, then send us your CV today!
Multi-skilled Class 1 Bindery/Finishing OperatorDate Added: 10/09/2018 Closing Date: 14/09/2018
Due to a further expansion of our print sector we are seeking a multi-skilled, hardworking and efficient Class 1 bindery/finishing operator, with a proven track record of ensuring the smooth functioning and continuous processing of all finishing activities.
The successful candidate must be able to follow standard operating procedures, work in a methodical and tidy manner, be a team player and possess a good working knowledge of the specified operations.
- Fully trained and experienced operator of Heidelberg ST300 Stitchmaster, or comparable stitching lines.
- Fully trained and experienced operator of Stahl KH78/82 and Ti52 folders, or comparable folders.
- Fully trained and experienced operator of Polar or Wohlenberg programmatic guillotines.
- Experience of Heidelberg Cylinder cutting and creasing is an advantage.
- Experience of Autobond or comparable laminators is an advantage.
- Holding a counterbalance FLT certificate is an advantage.
- Physically able to lift boxes (up to 15kg), and move heavy packages and objects.
- Ability to follow processes and procedure accurately.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Meeting tight deadlines.
- Undertake the instructions from the works orders.
- Make ready numerous machines for setting and running.
- Maintain quality standards within set standards of the set up.
- Work to the Work In Progress (WIP) list to achieve the daily scheduled work list.
- Work within the team to meet tight deadlines.
- Work within the team to continually improve efficiency.
- A good team player.
- Have a meticulous and efficient work ethic.
- Attention to detail.
- Willingness to work overtime at short notice; and at weekends with notice.
- Willingness to train on new machines/processes to support our growth plans.
- Willingness to work in other areas of the business.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
Multi section feeder stitch line.
Folding on numerous equipment.
Numeracy and literacy.
Hours: 37.5 double-day shift.
Salary: Details upon application.
Location: Exeter, Devon.
How to apply
You can apply for this job by sending a written application with curriculum vitae to John Drew at:
William Pollard & Co. Ltd.
Or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 14th September 2018.
Graphic DesignerDate Added: 19/09/2018 Closing Date: 30/09/2018
Responsible to: Studio Manager
Responsible for: Managing design workloads, an articulate communicator to work efficiently to deadlines. Be Proactive and forward-thinking for internal and external design work.
Salary: Subject to experience
Main Purpose of Job
To work on a wide range of print and digital design projects for Pollards and our Customers.
To provide excellent creative design, to all areas of business for production, speculative and internal marketing.
Creativity, enthusiasm and willingness to take on projects and deliver to the highest level and standard is key for these positions
Main duties & responsibilities of the post
- To take briefs from clients and use creative skills to produce design concepts that meets the client’s requirement. Present creative multiple concepts to clients to gain approval and secure work
- Evaluate time required to produce artwork to meet creative briefs.
- Prioritising incoming work flows to tight deadlines, following brand guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with clients and internal Clients Services teams throughout the design process.
- Strong time management and communication skills including accurately maintaining any records appropriate to the requirements of the job and as dictated by management. This particularly includes time recording and file/version conventions.
- Design high quality artwork ensuring it is print ready for the job description (wiro-bound, cutter guides, finishes, etc)
- Play an active role in helping the creative team generate fresh ideas and develop into new areas in an ever-changing market.
- Support pitches to new and existing clients
- Work to tight deadlines to produce creative designs or update existing artwork, while working to strict corporate guidelines.
Desired Professional experience & Skills
A track record of achieving challenging targets.
Proactive, reliable, forward-thinking and passionate about design
An excellent understanding of print production processes for reprographics, lithographic and digital print. An understanding of digital design and demonstrate a keenness and willingness to develop their skills in order to support our online and e-commerce initiatives.
Ability and confidence to pitch studio services and ideas to customers at various levels and develop long term relationships.
A keen eye for detail with the ability to work to tight deadlines to produce artwork which adheres to customers strict corporate brand guidelines.
Excellent organisational and time management skills with an ability to manage multiple projects, priorities and deadlines simultaneously
A team player with excellent communication skills over all areas –emails, telephone and face-to-face.
Key skills/knowledge required/desired:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Communication, Marketing or related discipline
- Fully competent and trained in using Adobe Creative Suite CS6: InDesign, Photoshop,
Illustrator, along with basic Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proven graphic design experience working in professional commercial design or marketing or creative agency would be an advantage
- Ability to interact well, communicate and present ideas to colleagues and clients
- Designing e.g. Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro
How to apply
You can apply for this job by sending a written application with curriculum vitae to Douglas Myatt at:
William Pollard & Co. Ltd.
Or via e-mail to email@example.com
Sales ExecutivesDate Added: 01/03/2017
Recent investments in the latest printing and finishing equipment has doubled our production capacity. To ensure we maximise our return on investment we are looking for highly motivated experienced Sales Professionals to join our team.
A proven track record of selling B2 and B3 sheet fed litho and digital is essential along with the ability to sell our online solutions to clients.
The ability to transition your existing clients will be key and so this opportunity may also be of interest to Print Management Companies who are looking to widen the solutions that can be offered to their clients.
In return we offer a good basic salary, uncapped commission, quarterly bonuses, company car, pension, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
If you are interested in joining this progressive company please send your CV to our Managing Director, Dave Mace (firstname.lastname@example.org)