We are always looking for new talent! If you like the idea of working for us, then send us your CV today!
Graphic DesignerDate Added: 23/11/2018
Responsible to: Studio Development Manager
Responsible for: Managing design workloads, an articulate communicator to work efficiently to deadlines. Be Proactive and forward-thinking for internal and external design work.
Salary: Subject to experience
Main Purpose of Job
To work on a wide range of print and digital design projects for Pollards and our Customers.
To provide excellent creative design, to all areas of business for production, speculative and internal marketing.
Creativity, enthusiasm and willingness to take on projects and deliver to the highest level and standard is key for these positions
Main duties & responsibilities of the post
- To take briefs from clients and use creative skills to produce design concepts that meets the client’s requirement. Present creative multiple concepts to clients to gain approval and secure work
- Evaluate time required to produce artwork to meet creative briefs.
- Prioritising incoming work flows to tight deadlines, following brand guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with clients and internal Clients Services teams throughout the design process.
- Strong time management and communication skills including accurately maintaining any records appropriate to the requirements of the job and as dictated by management. This particularly includes time recording and file/version conventions.
- Design high quality artwork ensuring it is print ready for the job description (wiro-bound, cutter guides, finishes, etc)
- Play an active role in helping the creative team generate fresh ideas and develop into new areas in an ever-changing market.
- Support pitches to new and existing clients
- Work to tight deadlines to produce creative designs or update existing artwork, while working to strict corporate guidelines.
Desired Professional experience & Skills
A track record of achieving challenging targets.
Proactive, reliable, forward-thinking and passionate about design
An excellent understanding of print production processes for reprographics, lithographic and digital print. An understanding of digital design and demonstrate a keenness and willingness to develop their skills in order to support our online and e-commerce initiatives.
Ability and confidence to pitch studio services and ideas to customers at various levels and develop long term relationships.
A keen eye for detail with the ability to work to tight deadlines to produce artwork which adheres to customers strict corporate brand guidelines.
Excellent organisational and time management skills with an ability to manage multiple projects, priorities and deadlines simultaneously
A team player with excellent communication skills over all areas –emails, telephone and face-to-face.
Key skills/knowledge required/desired:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Communication, Marketing or related discipline
- Fully competent and trained in using Adobe Creative Suite CS6: InDesign, Photoshop,
Illustrator, along with basic Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proven graphic design experience working in professional commercial design or marketing or creative agency would be an advantage
- Ability to interact well, communicate and present ideas to colleagues and clients
- Designing e.g. Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro
If you are interested in joining this progressive company please send your CV to our Managing Director via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Account Manager/EstimatorDate Added: 17/01/2019
Responsible to: Client Services Account Director
Responsible for: No direct responsibility for staff but can lead ad-hoc groups/teams on a project basis
The position combines the responsibility of providing professional estimates to support the Sales and Client Services team with the responsibility of account managing a number of Pollards customers.
- Day to day management of customer accounts
- Work collaboratively within a Sales and Client Services team to exceed budget targets
- Serve as main point of contact for customer account management matters to ensure that work is delivered to the agreed schedule and price and to the customer’s satisfaction
- To provide estimates for goods and services to the Company’s clients within any agreed schedules and response times.
- Management of preparation of job bags for printing, ensuring attention to detail and communication with production departments
- To become the focal point of communication between client, sales and all relevant Pollards departments at each stage
- Develop new business with existing clients and as appropriate identify areas of improvement to meet sales targets.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our information and solutions according to customer needs and objectives.
- Estimating of jobs using Tharsten – Estimating Pro for both your own clients as well as other clients
- Produce status update reports when requested
- Prepare and provide all forms of estimates accurately and within agreed Key Performance Indicator targets
The candidate must possess the following:-
- A Print background
- Estimating and Account Handling experience.
- Must be time management efficient in prioritising tasks
- Must be capable of managing a demanding workload to tight deadlines
- Must be a proficient multi-tasker
- A good problem solver / solutions finder
- A genuine desire to go the extra mile in pursuit of customer service excellence
- Must be a team player
Skills Requirement & Person Specification
- Minimum three years’ experience in a print related environment of sales and or estimating
- Essential Experience: Litho print and MIS knowledge
- Commercial estimating experience using recognised MIS platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop strong relationships with customers, colleagues and other stakeholders
- Excellent listening and negotiation skills
- Ability to perform well under pressure and manage multiple priorities
- Evidential experience in procurement and supply management
- High levels of numeracy.
- Excellent colour vison.
- Valid full UK drivers’ licence
- Able to lift weights up to 10kgs.
- Good experience of customer facing sales activities would be an advantage.
Sales ExecutivesDate Added: 23/11/2018
Recent investments in the latest printing and finishing equipment has doubled our production capacity. To ensure we maximise our return on investment we are looking for highly motivated experienced Sales Professionals to join our team.
A proven track record of selling B2 and B3 sheet fed litho and digital is essential along with the ability to sell our online solutions to clients.
The ability to transition your existing clients will be key and so this opportunity may also be of interest to Print Management Companies who are looking to widen the solutions that can be offered to their clients.
In return we offer a good basic salary, uncapped commission, quarterly bonuses, company car, pension, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
If you are interested in joining this progressive company please send your CV to our Managing Director, Dave Mace (email@example.com)